Elco/Edac actuating screw

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubxf

Hello,
is it possible to remove the actuating screw in a way that it could be re-used : )
I'm trying to add some to plugs that don't have it

are you trying to replace  the nut in the edac with the screw or are you just wanting to add it to some that have it missing?

They are a pain to get apart but can be done. I haven't had to do that in a long time. depending what your looking for, I may have some spares and you are local in L.A. 

Depending on where the connection is situated you may be able to gt away with zip ties  holding connections together.

Thanks Pucho,
I'm building some patchbays, a fully loaded elco 120 is hard to install without the screw : )
It looks like the screw is held by a tinny peg that might be pushed out
I'm hoping i don't have to repin those big Elcos

Yeah you should be able to take it out. I can't remember off the top of my head how the nuts are put together. But I just pulled one of the screw off a connector yesterday. There's a pressure fit nut that can be pryed off with a screw driver and the whole thing comes apart.

ubxf said:
Thanks Pucho,
I'm building some patchbays, a fully loaded elco 120 is hard to install without the screw : )
It looks like the screw is held by a tinny peg that might be pushed out
I'm hoping i don't have to repin those big Elcos
hmmm i don't have any 120 pin edacs/elcos, only 90 pin so  not much I could do for you there but they do come apart. I forget how.

Back