Best On Line Image Sharing Site

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that one of the best options which is frequently overlooked is using Facebook. 

You can make an account for free,  upload relatively high resolution images and then hotlink them to any web page or forum in the internet.

You don't need to add friends, or get involved in any of the Facebook 'stuff'.  Just literally use it as an image hosting site.

I gave up Facebook some time ago for unrelated reasons, but as an image sharing tool as I outlined above it worked very well.

Do you want your photos to be private/shared with only who you want or public?

Instagram & Pinterest are the obvious ones...
Also photobucket is still going I think.

If you already have a google account (e.g. gmail), then you already have google photos, which is a good, simple photo & video storage service.

PostImg.org works OK.

I'm not keen on FaceBook, since it typically covers things with the "Login/Join" popup, and I won't join.

Your Google site also works, though the URLs are far too long and random.

Not a fan of Loss of Face(book) either , depends a bit how you use it though , I havent got a team of lawyers to explain the ins and outs of their eula and so called privacy policies. There was something raised in the press here a while back about how the head of faceboink lobbied the prime minister(taoiseach) to water down privacy regulations , there was an implicated threat that they might have to consider changing their investment strategy in this country if they didnt get their wicked way .

Plenty of handy file sharing sites out there no sign up required ,these usually provide a link so that if you wish to remove a file at a later date its easy.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am just looking for somewhere I can use to share images on boards like this one when I want more than one image in a post.

Cheers

Ian

Tubetec said:
Not a fan of Loss of Face(book) either , depends a bit how you use it though , I havent got a team of lawyers to explain the ins and outs of their eula and so called privacy policies. There was something raised in the press here a while back about how the head of faceboink lobbied the prime minister(taoiseach) to water down privacy regulations , there was an implicated threat that they might have to consider changing their investment strategy in this country if they didnt get their wicked way .

Plenty of handy file sharing sites out there no sign up required ,these usually provide a link so that if you wish to remove a file at a later date its easy.

I agree with all of this, but for hotlinking only, it works. The privacy issues are the reason I quit it altogether.

The issue I've found with other image sharing sites is that when you hotline, you get a thumbnail in your forum post that requires you to click on it in order to see the full size image.

If you know how to use Linux it's not too hard to set up your own web server on a cheap virtual server. Virtual server costs few euros a month and domain name and name server might cost one or two euros a month. If you can spare few Euro/Dollar/Pound a month, I thinks it's the best choice. That's what I have. I have my website www.ghr.fi but what I use it the most for is posting images on message boards.

Heikki said:
If you know how to use Linux it's not too hard to set up your own web server on a cheap virtual server. Virtual server costs few euros a month and domain name and name server might cost one or two euros a month. If you can spare few Euro/Dollar/Pound a month, I thinks it's the best choice. That's what I have. I have my website www.ghr.fi but what I use it the most for is posting images on message boards.

I use Linux almost exclusively. Of course, I have a web site so there is no reason I could not just set up a directory there and dump pictures to it.

Cheers

Ian

https://www.imgur.com

Works like this

http://i.imgur.com/jhrbd4A.jpg

It's free and easy, redditors use to post their naked pics so it must be great ;-)

Now, I don't want to see any naked service engineers posing with their big capacitors thank you...

Timjag said:
https://www.imgur.com

Works like this

jhrbd4A.jpg

It's free and easy, redditors use to post their naked pics so it must be great ;-)

Now, I don't want to see any naked service engineers posing with their big capacitors thank you...

OR as modified above.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have signed up for a couple. I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of so I'll be trying them out in the black market soon.

Cheers

Ian

Back