Bv8,12,11 replica - Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This batch is on the way to London. Tardished will collect it on Saturday and start to pack it individually.
I updated first post here with drawing - dimensions (same cutout can be used for the Bv.12)  and with color code info. 
Cheers :)

How exciting
I'm sure you guys are frothing and chomping at the bit!
This is an amazing opportunity - to get something of this quality at the price we paid.

Hi tardishead,

I am one of those that somehow missed the feeler thread, interested in Bv.8 and Bv.11. If there is a waiting list for overs, cancellations/dropouts or the next batch I would love to be on it.

MagnetoSound said:
Hi tardishead,

I am one of those that somehow missed the feeler thread, interested in Bv.8 and Bv.11. If there is a waiting list for overs, cancellations/dropouts or the next batch I would love to be on it.
Hey MagnetoSound, I'm not sure about the second batch but it's possible that I will continue to make and sell this transformers. I will keep you all updated. Best, Moby

Transformers arrived in London safe and sound. Tardished is working on packaging and sending individually. Cheers!

Get ready here they come
Packages sent out today. Safe journeys!
Thanks to Moby for his amazing work and thanks to everyone for your patience.
Cant wait to hear peoples opinions.
Cheers everyone!

tardishead said:
Get ready here they come
Packages sent out today. Safe journeys!
Thanks to Moby for his amazing work and thanks to everyone for your patience.
Cant wait to hear peoples opinions.
Cheers everyone!
Thanks Mike! You da man! Also, question for all of you readung this. Mike cant see the photos and wiring schemes I posted here. Anyone else with that issue?

I just uploaded and shared (to all of you) video called "stacking tutorial".  I made it in one shot, so there is no tricks and treats and you can see all the stages in stacking this type of tx's.
Please reply when you receive the packages.  Also, I'm anxious to hear your first impressions.
Enjoy!

Guys, I tried Moby’s transformer. Man, thank U very much, you did the great job. Your  attention to any details  has paid off, congratulations!
Detailed analysis to write meaningless, I'll say my impressions from the transformer compared to Haufe bv08  and Fab V8. The transformer is a very soft sound, the whole range is very close to Haufe, I feel a bit smoother and less Intrusive in the region of 2-5 KHz, where Haufe clearly present harmonics that make the sound tighter. The upper frequencies are a little softer with Moby,’s transformer , but they are over painted in a very comfortable pleasant shade, Haufe a little more medical, but also very soft. Overall transformers are from the same family, I have no preferences at this stage, maybe a bit more I like your x-former. Loud, powerful sound sources Moby’s one will probably be a little smoother and quieter to behave, I'll have to check. The Fab stands a little apart, it has a slightly different spectrum of harmonics, more shine in the sound, perhaps because of a different alloy. However, it is very balanced and clean, a little more high-end, but in a pleasant way. I can tell you in more detail after some work with this microphone. I'll report. Used: M7 original ( reskinned by Thiersch , Red), VF14M ( in good shape), Andreas Grosser PSU.

o3misha said:
Guys, I tried Moby’s transformer. Man, thank U very much, you did the great job. Your  attention to any details  has paid off, congratulations!
Detailed analysis to write meaningless, I'll say my impressions from the transformer compared to Haufe bv08  and Fab V8. The transformer is a very soft sound, the whole range is very close to Haufe, I feel a bit smoother and less Intrusive in the region of 2-5 KHz, where Haufe clearly present harmonics that make the sound tighter. The upper frequencies are a little softer with Moby,’s transformer , but they are over painted in a very comfortable pleasant shade, Haufe a little more medical, but also very soft. Overall transformers are from the same family, I have no preferences at this stage, maybe a bit more I like your x-former. Loud, powerful sound sources Moby’s one will probably be a little smoother and quieter to behave, I'll have to check. The Fab stands a little apart, it has a slightly different spectrum of harmonics, more shine in the sound, perhaps because of a different alloy. However, it is very balanced and clean, a little more high-end, but in a pleasant way. I can tell you in more detail after some work with this microphone. I'll report. Used: M7 original ( reskinned by Thiersch , Red), VF14M ( in good shape), Andreas Grosser PSU.
Thanks Misha. I'm very happy because U like it :) I cant wait to hear more impressions from you guys!

Transformer arrived today!
Where can i find the tutorial video? Thanks
Moby said:
I just uploaded and shared (to all of you) video called "stacking tutorial".  I made it in one shot, so there is no tricks and treats and you can see all the stages in stacking this type of tx's.
Please reply when you receive the packages.  Also, I'm anxious to hear your first impressions.
Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back