Maiku Capsule Installation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarvis

Hey, I'm in the process of finishing up my U87 clone today and the only thing I have left to do is installing the capsule and soldering it in.  I have one of the Maiku K87 from the Banzai Groupbuy and the saddle and screws that came with it, but I'm not quite sure how to to install that thing correctly.
This is the saddle: https://janniseckert.de/mic/saddle.jpg and these are the screws, washers and wires that came with it: https://janniseckert.de/mic/screws.jpg .
In other posts I saw photos of people connecting the backplates through the saddle but with the way the holes are arranged that would be impossible. Should I connect one through the saddle and the other one straight to one of the backplates? Do I have to drill another hole?
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jannis

It doesn't matter how, you just need to get proper connection ;)
Whole set looks really smart prepared:
Longer screw for one backplate thru the saddle, shorter to extra hole on the other backplate.
Of course if your build needs separated backplates - if not you have extra jumper connector - so all options available!
Definately you don't have to drill anything ;)

Thanks for the fast reply!
That's what I thought at first but I wasnt quite sure if its okay to just screw it right in since I was afraid of maybe damaging anything if the screw was too long and not meant to be used that way.
So I can just connect two screws through the saddle (the longer one with the cable attached to it and a shorter one) into the front backplate to attach the capsule and another screw with the cable to the back backplate, correct?

Cheers
Jannis

Use the included washer on the long screw. Cable eyelet and screwhead on top of washer.

The other wire can then be connected on the nearest hole of the other backplate.

The other option is to use all the small screws only: two for the saddle, and two for the wires directly on backplates.

Hey Banzai,
thanks for chiming in.  Perfect I'll do just that! Well, after desoldering the AMI T13 I bought, since I just discovered that it has the reversed wire colors. Either they still have a problem with that or the german distributor sold me old stock.  :mad:

Cheers
Jannis

Back