You Know You're Getting Old When...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But yeah any kind of reproach between North and South Korea ,no matter how superficial is progress ,even if its just a shake hands and a smile for the cameras.The Emperor with no clothes is lining himself up for the Nobel peace prize already too,everyones a winner baby......

Tubetec said:
But yeah any kind of reproach between North and South Korea ,no matter how superficial is progress ,even if its just a shake hands and a smile for the cameras.
Could be running the old playbook so any new deal will need teeth. Reportedly the underground nuclear test site that he offered to shut down is collapsing and at risk of leaking radioactivity into atmosphere (only miles from Chinese border), so unusable for future testing even if they wanted to.

We have no reason to trust this guy, but the sanctions pressure with help from China seems to be working.

The reunification of east/west germany seems like a good model for the potential benefit this could bring at least for the North, and stabilizing the situation would be appreciated by all his neighbors. South Korea has already experimented with joint ventures but on a modest scale.
The Emperor with no clothes is lining himself up for the Nobel peace prize already too,everyones a winner baby......
It can not be know what motivates the President (even from his tweets), but I suspect a desire to shut down the crazy guy threatening to nuke America had something to do with it.

The nobel peace prize has lost its shine IMO since they awarded it to Yasser Arafat in 1994 (jointly with others).

I am still trying to figure out what President Obama ever accomplished to deserve his Nobel in 2009?

As an optimist myself I appreciate their limitless optimism, but  they need to clean their rose colored glasses.

Despite all my optimism I consider a complete denuclearization of N Korea rather unlikely. It is the only thing keeping Un in power so why would he give up that? That said there is much room for progress advancing a less bellicose regime, and slowing weapons and technology sales to bad actors around the world. That revenue will need to be replaced with something so perhaps some industrial partnerships with S Korea could be one vehicle to that end, or not....

JR

That makes sense to me too. Warming up to the south for ($) reasons... but I can't see him de-nuking anytime soon. I seriously doubt it. Aren't many in the south protesting against US military? Maybe he's attempting to play off that sentiment as well?

... but I can't see him de-nuking anytime soon.
Yeah, probably true. On the other hand, I doubt that S.Korea will be denuked any time soon either. Still I see it as good developments.

... Kim would get suggested for Nobel Prize...
...and Moon suggests Trump for Nobel Prize...

JohnRoberts said:
A "side chain" is an old term for compressor or dynamic effects control loop inserts.

JR

Yes.  external or internal.  but kids these days refer to anything that you patch in as side chain.  So you side chain the reverb, according to them.

Latest posts

Back