Ns10's and tissue paper

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, bog roll was standard issue back in the day when some mixed on Ns-10's ,I knew it hoiked out some of the mids alright . Now its all layed out in front of me like that , it starts to look like a highly suspect thing to do ,unless you at least travel with your preferred  bog rolls in tow ,your frequency response could be all over the place . Its a little nuts to undertake a  study into the sound of bog roll ,but I guess the guy did prove his point. :D

Unfortunately, there is a significant error in this article.
"Kleenex did not absorb any high frequencies when placed over the microphone capsule, while Figures 15 thru 18 indicate that the HF attenuation affect of tissue is position dependent. ...
... The paper filters are not absorbing the high frequencies, but simply reflecting them back into the tweeter, thereby causing cancellation through comb filtering."
This conclusion is ignoring the fact that attenuation by porous materials is directly dependant on particle speed. It is well known since long that attenuation by fibrous or porous materials is most efficient when placed close to the source.

Unfortunately, there is a significant error in this article.
"Kleenex did not absorb any high frequencies when placed over the microphone capsule, while Figures 15 thru 18 indicate that the HF attenuation affect of tissue is position dependent. ...
... The paper filters are not absorbing the high frequencies, but simply reflecting them back into the tweeter, thereby causing cancellation through comb filtering."
This conclusion is ignoring the fact that attenuation by porous materials is directly dependant on particle speed. It is well known since long that attenuation by fibrous or porous materials is most efficient when placed close to the source.

Yes but does it feel any better when you wipe your bum with it....? Now that is the question  ;D

Back