pucho812

You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

scott2000

Re: Vintage wire? Lol
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:15:41 PM »
Could've asked more if it were in original packaging....lol

weiss

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:27:19 PM »
seriously..  ::)
maybe it would be smart for us to be storing todays wire in our garage for in 50 years...

pucho812

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 05:52:05 PM »
as usual

there is a sucker born every minute.
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

EmRR

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 07:23:35 PM »
Go look up Western Electric wire and solder. 
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

JohnRoberts

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 07:38:11 PM »
as usual

there is a sucker born every minute.
Don't they realize old wire requires old electricity to work best.

JR
Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

boji

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:42 PM »
No worries. Electricity easily transverses time-space by pretreating wires with quantum tunneling (see Ra article). The owner of the wire will however, need to 'seed' the rip in the continuum by putting their tongue across the wire's dipole while it is hooked up to an amp playing "The Great Radio Controversy" from the band Tesla.

EmRR

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 10:24:29 AM »
We've had this discussion before, in fact Pucho812 probably started it then too! 

For those who don't know, the 'logic' propagated is that wire is pulled faster now, which reorients the molecules more dramatically.  They supposedly reorient to a 'preferred natural state' over time.  The older the wire, the more slowly it was pulled, the less 'orientation damage' occurred, and the longer it's had to 'heal'.  Thus, it's 'better'!

Believe what you like!  They do! 
Best,

Doug Williams

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

pucho812

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 01:13:43 PM »
is it even oxygen free copper as it has been exposed to the elements?

EmRR

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 12:06:42 AM »
Ya know, cloud lifters and fet heads are the new snake oil of pro audio in a way.  They have their place, exactly one, which is not why most people buy them.   They buy them for the reasons they’d buy snake oil.   I’d more happily experiment with vintage copper....
Best,

Doug Williams

Script

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 01:40:10 AM »
Still have a bunch of charged  pre-WW II radio caps.

Willing to part with the electricity they store. Would transfer onto modern medium for hassle-free injection your end. Note though that age-refined electricity is a bit slower (for that true NOS mojo sound) and also denser. Depending on your location this translates into slightly higher shipping cost.

Ricardus

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »
Someone posted that on FB and I noticed John Peluso say something like "I have 600 meters of that. Can I retire?"
Audio mastering for hire..