KLD Mojo12 amp kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

So after a slight delay due to the Chinese new year holiday , my amp kit actually made it from Shenzen in 6 days all the way to Ireland .
Everything superbly packaged , air wrap round all the boards and components , polystyrene around the transformers .
Even though the kit didnt mention tube sockets they were included too , Belton reverb tank and reverb driver transformer also , well its actually a 230v-9v mains transformer as reverb driver . As I had thought the mains transformer does in fact have a rectifier winding , and an option for 12.6 or 6.3 volt heaters ,as well as dual voltage primaries .
They also underdeclared the value , so the shipping company  didnt end up adding any charges ,even though they did a security check on the contents  ;D . So just over 115 euros for everything to make an amp , not including chassis/cab or speaker, main board and potentiometer board pre soldered /complete . I have a couple of vacant chassis/cabs from  scrapped transistorised amps which I can rejig , drilling and mounting tube sockets and wiring them up might take about a days work .
Its unbelieveably good value no matter what side of the planet your from , ok its not made in the USA parts and transformers , jack sockets do look a little on the cheap n nasty side ,but thats not a major issue for me as I have tons of spare quality jacks .I'll hold off unreservedly recommending it until I get a sound out it ,just to be sure .
I already have a couple of my musician friends very interested in trying it out ,so I dont anticipate any problem finding a buyer .

Back