life's a bitch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok goodbye delete this thread then delete my account. this is my last visit.

if i posted that i bought a mic and it was the dogs b***"s that would be ok if i posted that i just got hold of a mixer and it sounded great that would be ok

beats me mate

I think it was just an ill-advised choice of user name which confused a lot of readers, me included. I don't expect other DIY electronics vendors will adopt "bugger me i cant find the cause of the hum" as a marketing slogan any time soon.

He created a thread about fixing something, but then didn't want any help. So was he just going to use this as a diary?
He didn't, have you read the first five sentences? All he did was describe his starting point. Nothing he wrote read like an ad in the slightest. He switched out both transformers and changed several other things, how could this be an ad for the kit?
And re diary, that's about half the threads around here, including yours.

ok goodbye delete this thread then delete my account. this is my last visit.

if i posted that i bought a mic and it was the dogs b***"s that would be ok if i posted that i just got hold of a mixer and it sounded great that would be ok

beats me mate
[delete this thread then delete my account] -- If you are still around and happen to see my comment here, I fully understand how you feel. So many of my own postings within this forum are also completely misunderstood by the other forum members on here and I have quite often felt the exact same way as you have expressed above. Three of the forum moderator's, including two within this thread, have chastised and criticized my comments for something I have written only because they have failed to understand what it is that I am relating. I am told that my comment writings are "unclear"!!!

So.....assuming that that is "true".....then I suppose that my college professors must have failed in their teachings when I was studying both "Radio/TV Broadcasting" and "Journalism" while also being the "Editor" of my college yearbook. During that time, I was writing newspaper news articles, radio news reports, copy for commercials and other similar writings and nobody back then had any issues or problems understanding what I had written. But, here on this forum, all Hell breaks loose by other forum members because THEY either don't like what I have written or how I have written it!!! Like I posted earlier....."Tough audience here in this thread"!!!

/

Last edited:
the output transfomer; im guessing about 20 to 30 watts. the inductance measures 5.5h aprx from one side to the ct, so 11h. but when i measure across the two phases the inductance shows as too much for my meter to record ( ie over 20h beats me ).
It's to be expected; two windings of 1H in series on the same core result in 4H.

He created a thread about fixing something, but then didn't want any help. So was he just going to use this as a diary?

Mr. Ricardus sums it succinctly. It is odd, and a bit disconcerting, to open a thread about noise in an existing amplifier, and immediately change the subject to receiving and building a new amplifier kit in subsequent posts. This is a big shift. Too bad, because I was curious to see how other members approach diagnosing and fixting the original problem.

His stage name is a bit of a red herring. He says it is a combination of favorite amplifier brand names, KDL and VOX, respectively. This is no worse than my own moniker, "Ten-Tec Maven" that I use in other groups because I enjoy and promote Ten-Tec brand radio equipment. Using its name like this does not make me an adjunct member of its marketing team.

I understand and appreciate other members objected to changing the subject - tantamount to TV lawyers objecting certain testimony is irrelevant and immaterial. (Think old Perry Mason TV shows ...) And yet that is not provocation or reason for him to get all huffy and aerated in response. While he is not an effective shill for the kit company, he surely loses credibility by becoming angry and defensive. Quitting the group, instead of explaining relevance, tends to sustain the objection the thread is intended to promote the kit thing, than solve a problem.

That's just MY take - your mileage may differ. JHR

He didn't, have you read the first five sentences? All he did was describe his starting point. Nothing he wrote read like an ad in the slightest.
I never accused him of writing an ad.

He switched out both transformers and changed several other things, how could this be an ad for the kit?
And re diary, that's about half the threads around here, including yours.
I know. I never objected to the idea of a diary, I was just asking a question to see if anyone else knew, or if perhaps he changed his mind and came back and replied.

Latest posts

Back