Wires 230/110 switch & transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catosalsa

Can someone help me get  the  wires  right between  Power  switch,    230/110v switch and Power transformer. See Pictures! Thanks!

Attachments

• wires.png
    wires.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 15
In one switch position the two primary windings are in parallel for 115VAC, and other position series for 230VAC (apparently red is one prImary and black the other).

It is important that the polarity of these windings agree or they will fight/cancel each other.

There may be a dot on the body of the transformer by the positive lead of each winding (positive is a polarity/phase thing not a voltage thing).

JR

Hello

JohnRoberts said:
apparently red is one prImary and black the other

To me it look there is two red/black pair... but can't say you are wrong...so OP should test continuity to be sure !!

Best
Zam

Maybe looking at some schematics will help op decipher the wiring. I know for instance the TL Audio units have the ability to select voltages....

The transformer's primary description is a bit confusing...... and only 50hz?

Thanks everyone. I painted the wires wrong.  On the transformer the primary wires is every second red / every second black. I finally wired as  the attaced picture. Seems to  be working,  I have 2 x 19VAC on the secondary.

Attachments

• wires2.png
    wires2.png
    17 KB · Views: 9
Back