Help IDing a transistor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a (good?) chance it could be a Rohm 2SD2704K. The package fits, the "XL" marking fits, and the datasheet says in large print "For muting".

Not sure how you pulled that out, but it does indeed look like a good fit.

THANKS!!!

S-manuals.com has a usually-good-enough SMD code section, that's where I found this. For more "exotic" stuff, I've found chips.tomsk.ru to be much more comprehensive, but even that's nowhere near "complete".

"the datasheet says in large print "For muting"."
I must say that, seeing the picture, it looked suspiciously like a mute circuit.
A nice and simple way of knowing is to just lift off the suspicious one and see what happens.
If the unit works normally, with only transient clicks* whenever, that would confirm.

* Don't turn the speakers too loud when you test  :)

Khron said:
S-manuals.com has a usually-good-enough SMD code section, that's where I found this. For more "exotic" stuff, I've found chips.tomsk.ru to be much more comprehensive, but even that's nowhere near "complete".

Nice resources, Khron. Thanks!

Just wanted to add, I got the 2SD2704K in and everything works as expected.

Channel 7 of this unit took a nasty hit.  Burned up an SMD resistor, fused the mute transistor, and took out the opamp driving the output.

I tacked in a couple of regular through-hole resistors, swapped out the opamp (LME49725 which aren't available anymore), and replaced that transistor.  Life is good.

Again, thanks Khron for the info and resources!!

Back