Yes or no on this cover song

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I heard this the other day. At first listen I thought why?, some songs are so perfect the first time around they should never be covered.  As much as I loved Wille nelson over the years,  this just wasn't one I could get behind.  After  further listening to it, I am on the fence but it still falls under some songs are so perfect the first time around they should never be covered.  What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEU-7uga_4A

I think the last thing you should worry about when you cover a song is whether you can top the original.  That's not the point at all. Speaking as an amateur, that is.  But I do like this version too.  It's a little easier to get the words.

Scodiddly said:
I think the last thing you should worry about when you cover a song is whether you can top the original.  That's not the point at all. Speaking as an amateur, that is.  But I do like this version too.  It's a little easier to get the words.

true. It has grown on me since first listen.  :)

I give it a yes. I really like it. I like how they make sparing use of the main melodic hook. The light feel  with the under pressure subject is opposite from the original and works well.

Bohemian Rhapsody is ok but for the rest I never understood what's so great about Queen, same thing with the Beatles, I know, Im asking for it...

Latest posts

Back