100% GDIY album

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qmp audio

I just wanted to share a recent album i recorded/mixed.  Its a unique album for me as It was tracked/mixed 100% with GDIY gear (besides nuendo & some mics)
All mics ran through various CAPI flavors.  Comps were f76s, laz525s, gssl, hairballs.  eqs tb550a, lc553s, laz 1084s.  Not a single outboard gear was used that wasn't from this forum.  Perhaps one of the last tab funkenwerks mics made by Oliver was used quite a bit too ( vox, acoustics ).  Thanks everyone for making this place amazing and inspiring me to build ALL the gear i now use.

edit: forgot to mention,  pair of GIX pres used for various tracking,  and on the drum bus during mix IIRC.  And  of course all units are housed in 51x racks from CAPI.

Classic doom/metal sound from The Skull ( trouble/pentagram members)

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/looking-for-trouble-the-skulls-for-those-which-are-asleep-album-stream/

Sounds good,  hate to use the word warm, maybe soft is better or not ultra tight in the low end that one may suspect
for that style, but regardless the first impression is it sounds pretty good, nice work.

Maybe not worth a category, just a thread, but a place where people post links where they identify the D.I.Y.
they used on recording could be fun & interesting.
People randomly do that in the brewery anyway, but having them in one place could be a showplace!

sounds great! in D flat even,

what about Group DIY-the Band, we  send mp3's to somebody who wants to mix a track, i can do bass or guitar, could be a long track as to include many people,

Back