1081 Parts Info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, Yes it probably was one of those, but I don't dare go in those draws normally, I would have had them otherwise.

Frank, are you volunteering to do the faceplates through frontpanel express then??

Good to see you again.

A resistor is someone who doesn't get in on a group order when they know they should :green:

Frank, are you volunteering to do the faceplates through frontpanel express then??

Yes. OF COURSE. :wink:
Maybe a 1:1 copy AND a panel with text rotated 90° to do a 19" panel or something.

Are these 1081 values right?:

Frontpanel dimensions: 45mm x 305mm (1.75" x 8.70")
Mic gain: -80 to -10dB in 5dB steps
Line gain: +20 to -10dB in 5dB steps
HF peak / dip or shelving switch
HF at: 15, 10, 6.8, 4.7, 3.3kHz and off
HMF at: 8.2, 5.6, 4.7, 3.9, 3.3, 2.7, 2.2, 1.8, 1.5kHz and off
HMF bandwidth switch
LMF bandwidth switch
LMF at: 1200, 1000, 820, 680, 560, 470, 390, 330, 270, 220Hz and off
LF peak / dip or shelving switch
LF at: 300, 180, 100, 56, 33 and off
HPF: 27, 47, 82, 150, 270 Hz and off
LPF: 15k, 12k, 8.7k, 5.6k, 3.9kHz and off
Switch matrix for mic polarity, 48v phantom powering, eq in/out and red button for solo.

Hi,

What's the correct pinout for the output fader pot?

is GP1 to K (GP2 rear trim pot)
GP2 to J (P106)
GP3 to L (P109)

just posted this on the 1081 pcb thread, but here goes.

Tubejay, I have developments on switches and knobs to announce, but there are some behind-the-scenes negotiations with those that have MASSIVE orders, but to summarise.

Switch sets are still about 80 pounds from BE.
Marconi knobs will be around 1 pound each (5 per chan)
Alu rings around 3 pounds (5 per chan)
Maroon bar with clear skirt (for sens sw) will be about 3 pounds each
brass inserts (for top of marconis) to be confirmed.
Blue inserts for filterswitch to be confirmed.

You can see how complex and time consuming this is, but it has to be spot-on for those who need stuff for repairs to originals. I should say that most of these are being manufactured for us, and sorting the specs is what is taking the time.

I should also add that on the marconis and the rings, we will need to do a little engineering ourselves (add the grubscrews and paint the white lines)

Nearly peed in my pants laughing so hard at that crotchless faceplate and comment...

Do we have good N. American sources for transistors and diodes? Mouser has a BC441 substitute NTE324 which cost $4.50 each! Same for the BC461. Yikes. Anyone have part numbers and sources? Let's make a list of sources for the transistors and diodes, I think it will help many of us.

Can we use a BC214 or BC214C for the BC214LC? What's the difference? Also what's the difference with a BC214KC and BC214C?

And what are people using for a heatsink? I don't believe there will be space to use conventional TO39 heatsinks because the cans are so close together.

cheers all,
tommypiper

Spoke to the - absurdly busy - man yesterday and he is getting definitive price list together for us. It has taken so long because of the number of different parts and specs, suppliers, exploring other avenues etc etc.

If he gets back to me in the next few days I will post, but I shall be picking rasberries in the Swiss alps for two weeks from monday......

This will all definately happen, probably september money/ November delivery.

Jonathan

Jonathan, in case you run into Robert "Mutt" Lange in Swiss and misses Shania Twain (they're still a couple?) say hi for me :green:

Enjoy your stay in the Alps, unless you meant the fadres with the same name :green: :green: :green:

Happy to see this thread :grin:

Johnathan Hayward: I should be on your list for 2 sets switches/knobs
from awhile back as I would like to be included. I will not miss out on this
like I did with the transformer sets :sad:

Frank NRG: I am interested in 2 faceplates if this happens :razz:

TommyTones: Are you still going to do a group order for inductor/transformer sets someday (I thought you mention something about this awhile back) If so I am interested in the future when this
or if this does happen. :green:

Z

[quote author="Jonathan Hayward"]
There is a grouporder from Carnhill at the black market, no??[/quote]

Yes, indeed. Myself and thestudio are putting one together now. Those interested PM me.

-tommypiper

I will be interested in those knobs and faceplates as well. I will need 2 sets for the 2 boards that I have on order from Tommytone. Please let me know if I can still be a part of this.

Guys,
I believe Jonathan is still working on the knobs and the switches group buy and he will announce when they are available. I don't believe he is taking actual orders or names yet. He is still gathering data and availability and pricing. Some items will be custom made, thus the delay in getting quotes and availability. He originally hoped tohave news last month, so maybe we'll hear this month or maybe next. Keep watching, and I'm sure we'll see his announcement when he is ready to take orders for the switches and knobs.

cheers,
-tommypiper

Latest posts

Back