1081 Parts Info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys interested in an exact replica of the Neve iron, or just a cheap but close substitute? Tell Tommytones which way to go. That could speed up the group order thingy.
cj

hell I still have all that iron from that group order last year sitting here... just waiting on rotaries and stuff :\

damn 1081's are THE most expensive DIY to date!

I believe this is still in the works. I know the transformer order is long been put together, so that may be a bigger problem for you if you weren't in on it.

[quote author="cjenrick"]Are you guys interested in an exact replica of the Neve iron, or just a cheap but close substitute? Tell Tommytones which way to go. That could speed up the group order thingy.
cj[/quote]
Since replica-originals are already available via Carnhill, and good quality substitute-replicas like Sowter and Lynx, and other good substitutes like Lundahl, etc, are all available, I'd vote for cheap close substitutes. The market's already well filled in the other areas.

[quote author="tubejay"]I believe this is still in the works. I know the transformer order is long been put together, so that may be a bigger problem for you if you weren't in on it.[/quote]

Yes, and I was referring to if you wanted the Carnhill replica originals. Which are really freaking expensive. I think for two sets of iron it was close to $500. However, I love 1081's, so hopefully this will make them sound close to the originals and make it all worth it.

[quote author="fuzzbox"]Anyone find the all the transistors? 214kc?
I'm getting anxious about starting this one![/quote]

I haven't even begun. I'm waiting until the transformers and switches are all in order before I start. We should probably start compiling a list of the harder to find components, and transistors/replacements. Hopefully we can put together some Mouser/Digikey stuff for the North American folks among us. If anyone has any info/sources, please post them!

Apparently you can use the BC214C as a replacement transistor? At least that's what they were saying in this thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=2359&sid=d1cb04c31ebdf447b295619bdf8efa5e

Anyone have any word or input on this?

Hello Frank/NRG,

Any word on your quote below? Are you serious about making up some frontpanels...Or just teasing??? :wink:

Z

[quote author="nrgrecording"]
Frank, are you volunteering to do the faceplates through frontpanel express then??

Yes. OF COURSE. :wink:
Maybe a 1:1 copy AND a panel with text rotated 90° to do a 19" panel or something.

Are these 1081 values right?:

Frontpanel dimensions: 45mm x 305mm (1.75" x 8.70")
Mic gain: -80 to -10dB in 5dB steps
Line gain: +20 to -10dB in 5dB steps
HF peak / dip or shelving switch
HF at: 15, 10, 6.8, 4.7, 3.3kHz and off
HMF at: 8.2, 5.6, 4.7, 3.9, 3.3, 2.7, 2.2, 1.8, 1.5kHz and off
HMF bandwidth switch
LMF bandwidth switch
LMF at: 1200, 1000, 820, 680, 560, 470, 390, 330, 270, 220Hz and off
LF peak / dip or shelving switch
LF at: 300, 180, 100, 56, 33 and off
HPF: 27, 47, 82, 150, 270 Hz and off
LPF: 15k, 12k, 8.7k, 5.6k, 3.9kHz and off
Switch matrix for mic polarity, 48v phantom powering, eq in/out and red button for solo.[/quote]

I thought about making a frontpanel in Frontpanelexpress...
So anyone could order directly at schaeffer or frontpanelexpress.

But... i think this will last a looong time, I like to have all pots and switches before making the panel :wink: And someone should check the panel first too see if everything is correct. :wink: I would like to make 2 panels for me anyway.

A group order of panels isn't a good idea i think. There has to be only ONE Layout... and we all need the same parts, switches... i don't know how to attach the push switches to the frontpanel yet...

I think I would be very happy to have a finished 1081 on christmas 2005 :green:

Thanks Frank!

I just visited your webpage.. I have not been there in awhile.
I found some nice panels to send to front panlel express!

cheers,

Z :guinness: :grin:

does anyone have a supplier for the pots?
Seems like Vishay might be the one but I really don't want to have to by them from Neve... :mad:

chef

Muahahaha...!!!

pots.jpg

Guys, guys... I'll put you both on my list if you care to share a part number of them thar pots... Are they Vishay?

:guinness:

Latest posts

Back