1176 meters on Amazoinks?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
So I pilfered two 1176 style meters from my Art ProVLA for a build my son-in-law needed and decided to put the thing back together this week since it looks all sad and forlorn with no window covering exposing its innards...

Just happened to google "1176 vu meter" and Amazon gladly offered a pair for about $25 each a pop...being a gent who wears a smoking jacket and lives dangerously I decided to order a set...supposed to arrive tomorrow (amazons tactic of saying "NEXT DAY IF ORDERED IN THE NEXT 10;34 hours" is a scam because its definitely not next day)

I'll let you know but for the price it seems like a good deal...the company offers all kinds of weird industrial stuff as well as toyish crap...such a amalgamation of "lets make a buck"

Anyone else try these?

Here

I think you can get the same ones on Ali-expresso...but I shy away from them because I'm naturally impatient.

The description doesn't seem to show that it contains the required internal rectifier which is inside a "real" VU meter.

Bri
That is what I was going to mention. Also, the SIFAM meters are expensive because their meters usually follow the standard ballistics for VU meters, these Amazon ones seem just to be a "needle with backlight"; something that might be entirely acceptable for an 1176, after all, I rarely used to look (no longer doing studio work) at meters on compressors except to know if I was grossly overdoing it.

P.S. AliExpress is usually a no-no for me. Unless I really find a great deal, I am not fond of having to wait 2-4 months for the thing to arrive from China, or to pay big bucks to have it promptly delivered

I did get the meters today, they fit and operate just like the ones I get from hairball...pretty much Sifam 1176 stylees...at least in the Pro VLA comp...everything seems to work...staying in sync with the led meters on gain reduction...as much as a human eye can tell, which is all I use them for anyway.

I did get the meters today, they fit and operate just like the ones I get from hairball...pretty much Sifam 1176 stylees...at least in the Pro VLA comp...everything seems to work...staying in sync with the led meters on gain reduction...as much as a human eye can tell, which is all I use them for anyway.
Great find then

Latest posts

Back