1176 schematic questions...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoffe

Hello everyone!

I don't have much DIY experience, but a big interest and ambitions to get into it. I recently put together a simple metronome, and my aim is to one day be able to build a compressor/limiter. I know I've got a long way to go, but its never to late...

Because I have always been a fan of the 1176, I think that is the DIY project I am looking forward to. Thanks to Gyraf's great 1176 DIY page there seem to be a lot information and help to get out there too=)

The last couple days I have been studying the 1176 schematic (the one featured in the 1176 UA manual), but without much experience it's of course hard to understand all the concepts. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out a bit=)

Unfortunatly, I couldn't figure out how to insert the schematic here...

1. What is the purpose of the connection between the source of the FET to the emitter of transistor Q2?

2. What is the connection between the emitter of Q14 to the gate of the FET?

3. The transistors Q3 and Q4, are they both a part of the preamp stage of the compressor?

Also (of pure curiosity+), something I love with the 1176 is what it does to the highs. It's hard to explain, but in some way it just makes everything sound clearer and more crisp. Is there any electronical explaination to this? As far I as I understand, the Distressor is pretty much a modern version of the 1176. But it doesn't have the same characterstics and sounds very different.

Thanks!

:cool: [/img]

Press the img button
ENter the URL and then press the Img* button...

You should see...
@img&http://mypic.img@/img&

Replace @ with a [ and & with a ]

Latest posts

Back