1987 Total Recall

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2d2

hi
"tubing" around ..... found a clip about 1987 Total Recall system

anybody remember it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvyS1zv6tNM

peace
R.

Yes, I used an MPX 820 for many years. Working mainly as a solo performer, using a foot switch, it allowed me to do fade outs, add delay to single words, and other interesting mix changes.

I modified it to have balanced outputs on the Left Right Main, and Monitor outputs. I also added switchable Phantom power  to the microphone Inputs. This mixer used a programmable 6 pin IC called the Xeta. Each individual IC had differing characteristics, so to balance the different functions on each Channel, each chip had to be measured and calibrated to be matching across all 8 Channels. The chip was hard to get from Akai as a separate part, so I ended up buying two extra MPX 820's so I had enough chips to choose from.

As my needs changed, I moved on to another mixer which had more Channels and Aux sends. But I really loved the MPX 820, and although I don't use it for the moment, I could never bring myself to sell it, and will keep it forever.

This is really great.

I've always been an Akai enthusiast. My first amp and pickup were from Akai, my first digital multitracker was an Akai DPS-12, my first sampler was an Akai S3000. I still have the old amplifier, and I also still have a DR16 harddiskrecorder. The DR-16 is awesome. But I must say I haven't used it in years, even though it sounds way better than all the DAWs I came across so far.

And kudos to all the people that put these old videos on Youtube. I have also found 80's video instructions about Fostex tape machines and synchroniser stuff. Fantastic !

Latest posts

Back