1k log pots with spdt switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fragletrollet

GDIY Supporter
Hello,

I am looking for 1k log pots with integrated spdt switch.

My purpose is to implement the following:

yW4Vicr.png

into the potmeter. The pot should preferrably have the switch in the first part of the rotation. (I know the drawing is reversed regarding top/bottom of the pot)

I`ve found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300951673508

but don`t know the implications of just using a SPST switch in this configuration; what is the difference of not hooking up the ground to the switch?

I`ve also found some Alpha 1k log DPTDT pots, but I think those will be too deep sizewise.

If using a SPST you probably want  to disconnect the input rather than the output, the mayor issue you will have is the high impedance if done the other way which will increase the noise of the fader buffer.

This will very much depend on the configuration where the fader is, if it's directly feeding the summing bus you might want to do it the other way, leaving open the output so the summing resistor end open (not optimal but a good option for small designs).

An schematic of at least the previous and next stage would help to make an educated guess, if not is just a blind one.

JS

Back