100k reverse log dual pots

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY X

Hi!

I'm currently designing an equalizer for the 500 series, and I have found at mouser a small 9mm bourns dual reverse log pot : Ref: PTR9022015FC104

https://www.mouser.es/ProductDetail/Bourns/PTR902-2015F-C104?qs=Zq5ylnUbLm7GRhY42OTmfg==

The problem, is that this model has a switch. I want to know, from your experience if this switch is/could be a problem when turning the knob to adjust frequency on an equalizer. It seems to be just an on/off switch. I did not found any other source for dual 100k reverse log of this small size (9mm).

¡Thank you for your advise!

Jay x

You should be able to find C100K. Maybe not on the commercial supplier sites but there are several little sites selling those cheap Alpha pots including tayda, smallbear and thonk. You just have to search around at any particular moment to see who has what. The dual reverse parts come and go over time. You can definitely find C100K in the non-enclosed type. Otherwise, if you're looking for a premium part, AML has C47K:

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/SF-01-046_extended_info.html

The lower impedance part is a little better and usually the value that higher end gear use for SVF type circuits (lower impedance == less noise). The www.studioelectronics.biz site also has a C50K. The capi-gear.com site is another place to check.

As for the switch, no, the switch is not part of the potentiometer circuit so it will have zero impact on the freq. control. It's a separate pole.

Hi!

Thanks Squarewave!. I will check these sites!

You say the switch is a separate pole. But, ¿do you know if it is click-less? (like those old rotary switches + volume  for TV).

Jay x

No it will click. If you're not looking for a high-brow part, just get the regular alps non-sealed ones. They'll work fine. The problem with some of the really cheap pots is tracking and the length of the ends of the track where the resistance doesn't change. But neither is a major issue for a SVF eq. You can also search Ebay.

P092N-FC25CR100k

Is readily available if you can deal with 25mm shaft length.

Edit : I might consider ordering custom 15mm parts if there is sufficient interest. 

> The problem, is that this model has a switch.

Use the switch to cut the equalizer OUT of circuit when turned all the way. Now it is a feature!

Latest posts

Back