2 channel Tube Spring Reverb project with switchable tanks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i've tried it with the recommended tank without the transformer, and i prefer the sound of it with the transformer, it's much more controlable, the sound has more density, for my use i will go this route!

So i've tried it with the recommended tank without the transformer, and i prefer the sound of it with the transformer, it's much more controlable, the sound has more density, for my use i will go this route!
Ok, thanks for feedback. Do you use it in a AUX way of your mixer or in front of your audiointerface?

Ok, thanks for feedback. Do you use it in a AUX way of your mixer or in front of your audiointerface?
My pleasure. For this test i plugged a guitar straight into it and plugged the reverb in a preamp then the audio interface, but otherwise i use it as an external send thru ableton from and to the audio interface yes. Maybe we could try even a 15k/600 transformer for that 600 ohm tank, i thought about it afterwards..

Sorry for double posting. I have tried with a 15k/600, it works wonderfully... I used one of @igs UTM 3515. And i'm adding a photo for the pleasure of showing his transformer. Very nice reverb like that!

Attachments

• reverb + utm3515.jpeg
    reverb + utm3515.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 0
Sorry for double posting. I have tried with a 15k/600, it works wonderfully... I used one of @igs UTM 3515. And i'm adding a photo for the pleasure of showing his transformer. Very nice reverb like that!
You lost me. Do you mean first you had a 15k:8r xfmr, then a 15k:600r?
What is the nominal impedabnce of your tank?

You lost me. Do you mean first you had a 15k:8r xfmr, then a 15k:600r?
What is the nominal impedabnce of your tank?
No, first i didnt have a 600 ohm tank, so i used a 8 ohm one with the 15k:8r transformer, then today i received the 600 ohm tank, tried it as per the schematic without a transformer, and i prefered the 8 ohm tank / 15k:8r xfrm combination. Then i had the idea to try the 600 ohm tank with a 15k:600 transformer, and i found it to be better sounding than the schematic once again, more behaved, better frequency response..

I'm done with tube spring reverbs :)!

My pleasure. For this test i plugged a guitar straight into it and plugged the reverb in a preamp then the audio interface, but otherwise i use it as an external send thru ableton from and to the audio interface yes. Maybe we could try even a 15k/600 transformer for that 600 ohm tank, i thought about it afterwards..
Just to get the whole picture. Are you still using the 15k/15k edcor on the output of the reverb or are you going straight out of the Lamington?

Hello All,

Been following this thread because, for several years, I've wanted to build a rack solid state spring verb unit. I also love Edcor xfmr's and use them in reamp boxes and such. TONS of great information here from you all. Thank you!

Take care,
Tom

Latest posts

Back