2021 Latin Grammy Nomination - Mastering Engineer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you win, can you give a shout out to GroupDIY? ;)

for sure,
But it’s really difficult to win since the Latin Recording Academy is completely dominated by members from Spanish speaking countries, in 20 years they never gave an award to any Portuguese record, and there’s amazing records and music being put out in Portugal every year.
But it’s great to have been nominated and it’s already an award in itself.

Im really happy to know that,
What’s his nickname?

thanks
I'm sad I didn't see this post on time! Mea culpa for not being as active here as i was years ago (my mastering room keeps me very busy, gladly!)

I know it's way too late but congrats on your nominations! I had a couple of nominations, too (Album and record of the year) so I was in Vegas in November. It would have been great to at least shake hands and have a beer! It's not the first time I get a nomination but it was the first time I felt it was worth going to Vegas and attending the ceremony (and having that strange red carpet experience, too). I bet we crossed paths without knowing about it. And I do hope being there was a very pleasing experience for you! It is no mean feat by any means, especially for a mastering engineer (it was an awesome experience for me and my wife, we also got married for the second time in Vegas!).

All the best!

Hi Silvas,
Thank you so much for your message, being nominated was for sure delightful to me, I was not expecting it at all, we just do what we love and try always to do it the best we can, so it was a nice surprise.

Unfortunately I was not able to travel to Las Vegas to attend the ceremony, I was full of work at that time and I’m saving money for an house so I couldn’t afford at this time to pay all the expenses of traveling and accommodation.

We didn’t win, but the nomination is already a great achievement.

Hope to be able to meet you in the future in another awards ceremony

my best regards
Tiago

Back