2520-style DOA to single DIP8 opamp adaptor PCB (open-source / gerbers included)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzzz

GDIY Supporter
NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES / NOT FOR RESALE / NOT FOR PROFIT.

I guess this falls under the preamplifier project category? An opamp is an operational AMPLIFIER after all...?????

Needed something like this for a project, so here are the open-source gerbers for free to make your own at a PCB fab of your choice. I use JLCPCB, but here's a link to the project on PCBWay for easy ordering: https://www.pcbway.com/project/shar...o_single_DIP8_opamp_adaptor_PCB_0754b171.html

Use this to put a 2520 size opamp in place of where a standard single DIP8 opamp would go (when applicable, of course -- can't just go around blindly swapping every single DIP8 in the world with 2520s...)

DOA 2520 to DIP8 v1_0 Mockup.jpg

BILL OF MATERIALS:

• 6x pin receptacles/sockets: Mill Max 0322-0-15-15-34-27-10-0 (Digikey, Mouser)

• 2x 4-position single row pin header, 2.54mm spacing: Amphenol G800W304018EU (Digikey, Mouser) or Adam Tech PH1-04-UA (Digikey, Mouser), or do what I do and cut your own from a long row of 2.54mm pin headers. Solder these to the bottom of the PCB!

You could omit one of the pin receptacles/sockets (0V) since it isn't used in the circuit.

...and as explicitly stated: this is an open-source project for D.I.Y. purposes only, not for resale and not for profit.
DOA 2520 to DIP8 v1_0 Schematic (Compressed).jpg

edit
: the "Flipped" version has the DIP8 footprint rotated 90 degrees for consideration of layout and aesthetic purposes. I like this one more. Here's a link to PCBWay for those: https://www.pcbway.com/project/shar..._adaptor_PCB_Rotated_90_Degrees_f9e4fa5f.html

DOA 2520 to DIP8 v1_0 Flipped Mockup.jpg

Attachments

• DOA 2520 to DIP8 v1_0 Gerbers.zip
    1 MB
  • DOA 2520 to DIP8 v1_0 Schematic.pdf
    13.4 KB
  • DOA 2520 to DIP8 v1_0 Flipped Gerbers.zip
    1 MB
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back