2n5566 SPICE model

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it is a dual, a process 96 from National. Similar to two process 51's like the 2N4393. Apparently the Idss is 5-30mA and the matching of Vgs is the poorest of the 5564-66 series.

Threshold used to use the 5564's in an 8 pin DIP for amplifiers iirc.

EDIT: Actually in the metal case even, as the image of the board comes back. They used to gold-plate the circuit boards as well.

Slogging through the muck here it is finally:

*2N5566 5/6/98
*Ref: Fairchild Discrete Power & Sig. Tech. Models 4/30/98
*pkg: TO-71
.model 2N5566 NJF(Beta=9.109m Rd=1 Rs=1 Lambda=7.5m Vto=-1.447
+Is=94.42f Cgd=8.67p Pb=1 Fc=.5 Cgs=9.76p Kf=67.86E-18 Af=1)

Sounds like a pretty nice fella, as the Firesign Theater's "Everything You Know Is Wrong" album says about the alien visitor.

As they say in better restaurants the world over,

ENJOY!!!

:razz:

PS: note that they don't attempt to model the substrate capacitance and its voltage dependence. You are forewarned herewith.

No, sadly. Haven't seen any evidence of that. They are not too strong in my version on National Semi discretes, although not too bad on fairly recent op amps.

I think I mentioned the other day that I had figured out how to make models of paralleled devices, which I have to do to keep the program from bombing when using many paralleled devices. If I knew what the basic cell transistor was in the 394 this could be done for the part overall. There is still the issue of modeling the substrate C, but I suppose one could use scaled discrete diode models for that.

Back