500 series Gyraf G9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried different tubes, but it was the same. Mind you, they could all be bad old Mullards.
I touched all resistors with a fingertip and none were even remotely warm.
I'll get back to it one day.

Peter,
Why not make the module double width? That way you will be allowed 2X the current pull and it'll give you more space
for all the other bits you want to add. Now, think of the possibilities.

Frank B.

That's the route LaChapell took with their tube pre... You need the power of 2 rack spaces for one tube preamp. Horribly inefficient little bastards, those tubes.

peter purpose said:
Rodney.... RP?
Frank... Waste of space. Just stick something next to it that pulls little.

RP??

Sorry if I'm becoming a post whore... I'm tend to chime in weather it's wanted or not...

plate resistor (RP)...

silly, why compromise your valve design to get a tight fit--could make a good front end for a di but not super diy friendly shoehorning into 51x the line driver stage and output trans...but if you are into pcb marketing there will undoubtedly be some takers.

shabtek said:
plate resistor (RP)...

silly, why compromise your valve design to get a tight fit--could make a good front end for a di but not super diy friendly shoehorning into 51x the line driver stage and output trans...but if you are into pcb marketing there will undoubtedly be some takers.

RP... of course.. thanks.

Silly?.. nah, I just hate wasting space. I'm not looking to put this on the market.

holy crap was I confused...I was trying to figure out what peter meant by rp... then I now see that I referred to RP (plate resistors) in a previous post...

I'm in the middle of a nasty cold, please bear with me...

Anyway, I've already completed a layout for this in 51X format, which I think it the best way to go. Shall I start a new thread or post it here?

Latest posts

Back