5003 eq building and help.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah nice, so you must have the 1/8th sized shafts then? still it looks really good..with the 1/2" knobs you cant get the blue inserts which is a shame, i opted for black..

cheers

pete

Thanks.

Yes, the pot shafts are actually slightly larger than 1/8" (~ 0.15", +/- 0.01"). Maybe I should put in an order for the 1/2" with Jeff? Too bad no blue inserts... maybe he will get them later?

For those who might want to tweak the frequency bands, I measured the response with RMAA...
First, bypass had a high end lift (white line) I think due to the output transformer that came with the kit. I measured the green line using a EA2503.

Attachments

• BypassFreqResponse.png
    BypassFreqResponse.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 45
Second, high frequency boosted +3dB and cut -3dB at 10khz. Interacts with the high end lift from the output transformer.

Attachments

• HIghFreqRsponse.png
    HIghFreqRsponse.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 45
Third, mid frequency response at both 2.5kHz and 1.5kHz, with +3dB (dB setting on the faceplate - in the measured response the boost appears to be 1.5 dB)

Attachments

• MidFreqResponse.png
    MidFreqResponse.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 30
Fourth, low frequency response with -6dB at 220 and 150 Hz

Attachments

• LowFreqResponse.png
    LowFreqResponse.png
    7 KB · Views: 29
fazeka said:
Hey all,

Finally got time this weekend to start the build on my 5003s. Yes, I ordered custom panels for these. I have yet to finish my GDIY 51X power supply, so for now here are some pics (with and without flash):

frontwo.jpg

Hi Chris,
I need to get a faceplate done for my EQ. Do you have the design for your faceplate?
I like your design. Do you mind sharing it?
Thanks,
PJ

Hey guys, just about to plug them in, see what we have..

does any one know where to get the plastic cap/top for the bypass switch?

I've got some spare front panels like this if any one needs, just PM if so..

5003fp1.jpg

Tried getting a photo today. Need something other than the camera on my phone. You can at least see where it is.

Attachments

• IMG00013.jpg
    IMG00013.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 79
just an update, mine worked no problem at all.

all I would say is they are extremely sensitive to noise, If using in a lunch box place as far as possible from the PSU end. once i had mine in the correct place they were very quiet, ill be doing some proper tests soon..

best
Pete

also, was there a definitive answer the phase as to which way round the red/brown wires go?

I've only got one probe on my scope, and no studio either! if any one has the definitive polarity of these wire id be much obliged.

cheers

Pete

all I would say is they are extremely sensitive to noise, If using in a lunch box place as far as possible from the PSU end. once i had mine in the correct place they were very quiet, ill be doing some proper tests soon..
Good to hear - so you hear no buzz with the LF fully cw or ccw?
I'm going to finish my 51x external psu and then try in that rack.

Back