8 Channel, 3U NEVE 1073 completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a jumper if you dont use the trimpot/fader option. You can find this information on the first post of this thread in the pdf : trimmer_v2.3.pdf

Hub

On older versions of the boards there was a trace where the jumper is now, so you had to cut it to use the fader. In the newer ones, Martin replaced the trace with a jumper, so no more cutting traces, but you have to use a jumper.

thanks for the responses.

Im not talking about that jumper though, sorry for not being clear.

Im talking about the unlabled traces that terminate at both ends with a through hole and solder pad.

I assume these are some kind of jumper? If there are 2 examples on the trimmer pdf YLab mentioned.

Thanks
Jake

A picture is worth a thousand words  :D

Are you asking about filling vias? (the little holes with no component in them connecting a trace on the top layer with a trace on the bottom).  If so, it's not necessary to add solder here as the inside is plated during mfg and thus already connected, but some people might feel it's playing it safe (mabe in case of mfg problems, the plating might have problems and may give an intermittent connection or something.

good luck!

Help! This is my first big DIY.

I'm having trouble with the PSU. when i take a reading from 0v and +48v i can adjust to get 24v. But when i take a reading from 0v and and +V I get 37v and doesn't matter how much I adjust the trimmers it stays put.

shouldn't I be able to get that to read 48v?

I have the jumper on the center pad and right pad.

Not sure what to do...

just realized I have LM317 and LM337 in backwards...ARRRRRGGGG.

Now i have the happy task of getting them out in one piece to switch them.

Any tips?

Yeah I used the wick but with three terminals right next to each other it's getting annoying.

just called the local parts shop. They have the regulators. I may just break them off at the terminals, pull out the legs and replace them. $4 for the parts. probably worth it.

Should I adjust my psu to output +24.05v or just 24? When I look at the transistor voltages pdf all the numbers are based off +24.05. It's such a small difference I'm wondering if it has any effect on the outcome or perfomance?

Hi,

0.05 volt difference, how big is the percentage compared to the 24V ? Check your part deviation (10 to 20% on capacitors alone) and you now the answer. So it has no influence at all on the performance. And the measurement are also a guidance not like exact mathematics, if all are within 10% you are good to go.

Kind regards DJN

hello
anyone has ever tried to use other input and output transformers?
How could play with the OEP?
Thanks

Hello everybody,

I'v just finished building my unit. it works well, but i'v got a problem with the Trimmer.

I'v put this one : http://uk.farnell.com/bi-technologies-tt-electronics/6187r5kl1-0/potentiometer-7-8-st-5k-1w/dp/1520667

and it doesnt work. 

which good trimmer should i use ?

hello
anyone has Mouser code of the toroidal transformers?
this might work? http://it.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pulse/DP241-4-24A15/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv4oUrzpPKU3NRXAOIguu8XvmVg6jn%252bIO0%3d
Thanks

Hi,

I would prefer a double contact switch so both mains connections are switched on/off, and I presume you are in a 110/120V region.

DJN

Yes, I'm from a 110/120V region.

The switch I'm going to be using is: http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/971015-switch-power-rocker-spst-20a-cre22f4fbbne.html

If Ii wired it like shown in the picture would everything be fine?

Latest posts

Back