800 series card cages

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

The 500 series seems to be very popular here, but what about the 800 series? I may have the nomenclature wrong, I am referring to the later Valley People stuff, Gain Brain II, Kepex II, and the like. Apparently dbx also made things in that format, but I don't have any to confirm this, other than blank covers.

Does anyone know who else might have made gizmos and widgets that would fit in these racks?

Thanks,
Gene

Attachments

• 800 rack.jpg
    800 rack.jpg
    59.2 KB
there  was a few proprietary rack formats  similar to the 500 series.

DBX had the 900 series
Aphex had the 9000 Series
Valley people had the 800 series

For many years, the only 500 stuff was API.  It wasn't until fairly recently that they started the VPR alliance and allowing others to make modules for that format.

To the best of knowledge
only valley made stuff for the valley 800 pr racks. You can find many a module on ebay as well as the racks. You can also get replacement ta-101 discrete VCA's  again as Valley is back in action.
I have heard the aphex modules work in the aphex rack and DBX rack, but DBX modules only work in DBX rack as they have an extra voltage rail they need that the aphex does not have.
You can also find DBX and Aphex rack stuff on e-bay. 

Thanks Pucho, you just told me more than I got from two hours of google searching.

I'm not looking to get more V-P modules, but it may be time to sell some off.

Look under the console in the attached jpeg. 15 Kepex II and 5 Gain Brain II's.

Gene

Attachments

• VP rack.jpg
    VP rack.jpg
    59.5 KB
Back