9v/18v mic power supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ricardo said:
Is there any simple way I should confirm the voltage of this circuit before risking damaging the capsule, if that's possible? Or just don't sweat it and see how it sounds...
Seriously, a real mike designer would just check the diaphragm doesn't collapse and then just see if the sensitivity is correct.  It's a PITA to measure polarizing voltage properly.

Great. I wont' sweat it. And switching from the original capsule voltage circuit, which drew off the 18V rail, to drawing off the 9V rail, shouldn't mess up how the batteries are used, because it's not actually drawing much of any current, yeah? Or maybe the batteries share the load anyway and it's moot.

The capsule won't be damaged if it collapses.  But don't you have the old capsule?

I actually have two of these mics, one full/operational, the other just the main board without the capsule polarization circuit or capsule, so i'm waiting for the new capsule to test with, since I didn't want to mess with the "good" mic's capsule.

Hopefully it'll be here soon. I'm eager to see if it all works!

Hey, it works!

Well, I don't have the body made, yet, so it's exposed and humming and buzzing and everything, but I can hear my voice through it, and that's exciting enough for now. :) Now the hard part starts (making the body) and then I can test it for real.

Thanks again for the indispensable help, Ricardo.

-c

Latest posts

Back