A new take on the GSSL (Pics Inside)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wonder if mine G-SSL units have such hum or not. I mean I didn't notice anything even when my gain was on max and I had Wavelab spectral analyzer running. Matt is this hum/noise problem really hearable or you can see it only when doing some serious measurements?

Matt, looks great and I do believe you have probably improved the GSSL. (It's something I was thinking about trying. Thanks for showing us.)

However...

Listening on my computer, I could not hear ANYTHING in either soundfile with the volume at max. Even tried headphones.

I just wonder if mine G-SSL units have such hum or not. I mean I didn't notice anything even when my gain was on max and I had Wavelab spectral analyzer running. Matt is this hum/noise problem really hearable or you can see it only when doing some serious measurements?

Listening on my computer, I could not hear ANYTHING in either soundfile with the volume at max. Even tried headphones.

Hey Guys,

There is a difference and it is discernible, but like I shared before I'm probably being pedantic as the noise in question is VERY low.

If you crank it on powered monitors and loop the audio files and A/B you will hear the difference. It just bugged me enough to try and fix it, which I did :green:

Call me crazy :shock:

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matta,

Where did you order the frontpanel & chassis? it seems hard for me or DIYer to get the chassis or front panel here. Even rack rail seems hard to find it here...

I live in Malaysia.

For your knowledge I tried to contact
http://www.schaeffer-apparatebau.de/ They didnt answer. Maybe they didn't ship to asia. FrontPanel Express same. Only ship to North America...

Hi Matta,

Where did you order the frontpanel & chassis? it seems hard for me or DIYer to get the chassis or front panel here. Even rack rail seems hard to find it here...

I live in Malaysia.

For your knowledge I tried to contact
http://www.schaeffer-apparatebau.de/ They didnt answer. Maybe they didn't ship to asia. FrontPanel Express same. Only ship to North America...

Hi zul_nalury,

I have just as hard a time sourcing stuff here in South Africa. The chassis I have custom built from another Forum member Purusha, the min order is 5, so often you end up with extras, like I have got 3 spare panels from a Neve racking job I just did, but maybe one day I'll use them.

It is news to me that FrontPanel Express won't ship outside of the USA as when I last inquired they said they would, the same with Schaeffer.

Mine were engraved by CNC Panels in the UK, but they are no longer in business, so Schaeffer will be my next best bet.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Hi,

I intend to build my second SSL with the Mnat's PSU. I've too a little hum problem with the first one...

Could someone give me the specifications for the terminal blocks ?

And if someone has a digikey or mouser B.O.M. it would be great... :wink:

Thank's a lot !!!

eD)))

Hey,

I'm building the GSSL as well and I am asking which parts you removed? Also how did you wired the Mnats PSU in the GSSL? Looking at the picture some things are obvious but I need to know for sure. Taking notes in the mega SSL thread which will be posted as well in that thread. You'll be helping a lot of people with this. :wink:

Thanks for your response!

Latest posts

Back