A plea to all members, new and old

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little history on names:
Quite a few of us joined here on the very first day the doors opened. Back then the attitude was very much more one of trying to fly under the radar to some extent.
In the ensuing jump from the old place to this place, that's when quite a few of us adopted the screen names we still have almost 2 decades later.

DJH AKA WO'B

I love the variety of screen names, for whatever reason they are used. One of my favourites is Bo Deadly and of course Winston O'Boogie.

Cheers

Ian

Yep I also like Bo Deadly. :)
I believe Bo is our first (only?) "artist formerly known as... " and it was a revelation to me that screen names could actually be changed. It wasn't always so but maybe that option came with the update of software and owners of the site. Dunno.

I've thought about retiring ol' Winston too since I saw Bo's Time Lord-esque regeneration but I'm also worried I might also miss Mr O'Boogie after the fact...

Almost forgot: Absolutely yes on knowing the whereabout in this world of the folks that contribute here.

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but in light of all the new members I see signing up every day (many not from native english speaking countries), I would request a little courtesy in communications. Please be especially careful about offering criticisms, some may take them as a personal attack, even when not meant that way. We can't read each others minds (while some think they can).

When in doubt maybe say nothing. Always be kind and think about what the other person might think.

We have a great group here, lets keep everybody as happy as we can.

JR

My theory about screen names is the same as in person names. You should call people what they want to be called. People should be judged by their behavior, not their name.

Can we change our names? My name is Wallace, but people call me "Wall" on the account of my large stature and quiet nature. My family and I are from Canada living outside of Toronto. I am only new back to GDIY and still learning the new system.

Can we change our names? My name is Wallace, but people call me "Wall" on the account of my large stature and quiet nature. My family and I are from Canada living outside of Toronto. I am only new back to GDIY and still learning the new system.
Have you looked at your profile screen to see if you can change it? You could probably create a signature tag, with your real name in it, that would display under every post.

JR

PS; I find long aliases awkward when trying to refer to somebody by name in a response...

Back