Adam A7 active studio monitor wiring diagrams/schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Recently one of my Adam A7 active nearfield monitors just stopped working. I tried replacinf the 1 amp fuse in the compartment under the power plug and it instantly blew.

I'd like to get my hands on the wiring diagram for these speakers and any repair advice that may be available on the internet

If anyone on GroupDIY has worked on one of these speakers and has the schematics for them I'd be really grateful if you could post a link to where I can find them or just email me them.

Also any repair advice would be of course welcome

many thanks

SF

Instant fuse-pot tends to be shorted rectifier, shorted large shorted cap, or failed power transformer.

This may all be HAZARDOUS voltage and stored energy. Don't get killed/hurt.

Thanks for the concern PRR

I won't be doing anything that I don't understand or think might be dangerous re electric shock. Without a wiring diagram or some solid repair guidelines I won't be doing anything!

It might well be a case of sending it to the authorized UK Adam repair center and paying their high service costs. I've already spoke to them and they gave me the impression they are the only people in the UK Adam will sell parts to so it may well be useless for me to attempt a diagnosis/repair if I can't source the parts..

best wishes

SF

Latest posts

Back