ADR F760X-N/RS Capacitors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Mc Donnell

i have some ADR F760X-N and a F760X-RS for recapping.
The F760X-N's have all original Phillips caps on board.
According to the schematic, the A board should have two 8/25v caps,
but I find 15/40's instead.

The F760N-RS has been partially recapped with 22/63v for all 15/40v and 8/25v's.
Also on both B boards output amplifiers, the 4K7 resistors from the outputs
have been cut.

Any wisdom on the above would be greatly appreciated.
JackMc

Mods....this thread should be moved to The Lab, since the rules for this section are "Post Schematics Only, NO requests, NO comments". I might be able to assist this new member.

Bri

Mods....this thread should be moved to The Lab, since the rules for this section are "Post Schematics Only, NO requests, NO comments". I might be able to assist this new member.

Bri
Any assistance you can offer will be great.
As you have noticed, I'm new to this.

JackMc

Also on both B boards output amplifiers, the 4K7 resistors from the outputs
have been cut.
Very likely to increase gain by about 6dB.
These ADR moduules are known to have limited headroom. Previous owner may have found it lacked in this department.
i have some ADR F760X-N and a F760X-RS for recapping.
The F760X-N's have all original Phillips caps on board.
According to the schematic, the A board should have two 8/25v caps,
but I find 15/40's instead.

The F760N-RS has been partially recapped with 22/63v for all 15/40v and 8/25v's.
In many cases, recapping with higher nominal value results in improvement of preformance.
Modern capacitors have so much improved compared to those used in the 70's/80's that it would be silly not to benefit.
Take the opportunity to use a higher nominal value (for example these 15uF could be increased to 33).
Increasing nominal value decreases LF distortion.
The 40V rating does not really need to be increased, but the 25V could be increased to 35 at least.
And if possible use 105°C types, for reliability.

Latest posts

Back