AKG experts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the 1636 however I have not tried one in a tube circuit. One to small amorphous I tried sounded realy bad when overdriven. I need to do more research about the next finding. With the too small amorphous the sound when from very clean to very dirty almost like a switch. Note this is only one too small transformer I tried with both a tube and a solid state circuit .

The 1636 is amorphous and in the solid state circuits I have used it in it works fine The amorphous 1636 does not seem to have a sound.

xvlk -- dumb question: so rudolf goerike was engineer in-chief at akg back in the days?

rob -- U.a0 means "cold-cathode plate voltage, the DC voltage allowed between plate and cathode of the unheated tube and/or the tube operation under plate-current cutoff condition (I.a = 0)" (quoted from a telefunken textbook).

[quote author="Marik"]Interesting thing, to make the CF sound its best, Radiotron insists that the ratio should be as high, as for anode follower.[/quote]

really? haven't made it through to that passage of RDH yet ;-)
anyway, this would mean really low output, no? meaning high gain at the preamp, and thus increase of noise. - so what exactly do they mean by "sound best" in RDH?

Back