All things LA2a related

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your mains AC is a little high your heater voltage will be too - no big deal.

Disconnect the grid wire to pin 7 and see if that makes a difference in your plate and screen voltages.

The one that goes to the wiper of r3 I tried that no difference. the problems I was haveing in the prevous posts a few weeks backI found I didnt have the connection from pin7 the the wiper Wil

Wilebee, I suggest you return to 10k for R34, and 470R for R36. With these in place the voltage should be around 130 plate and 100 screen with about 7 cathode. Give or take 10% or so.

Also, while checking voltage, make sure that you don't have any input signal. Set R3 and R37 to full clockwise (full on). Gain and Peak Reduction to full counter-clockwise (off).

Ron

ok no dc voltage on pin 7 so I guess i'm chaning out the plate resistor for 10k and the cathode for 470r Wil

Wilebee

ok changed out the 22k plate resistor for 10k and the 1k cathode for 470 and I now have 118 on the plate 113 on the grid and 6.6 on the cathode
thats closer or is that close enough ? Wil

Wilebee

The voltages look better now wilebee. The screen grid is still a little high, but maybe you should move on and see how it operates - providing you have everything else sorted out.

ya know i forgot to see what my overall voltage was. I'l check that out and see if i have sparks yet Wil

well its passing a signal but I need to figure out why its not compressing I cant seemt to get the meter to zero out in the GR position Wil

take the cover off the T4 can and shine some light on the LDRs... does the meter show any deflection in GR mode?

one other odd note I tried the urei t4b I have a and the gain seemed to shoot up but still no deflection on the meter Wil

Housings? We could tell ya, but we would have to kill ya! :razz:
You wouldn't believe what we take out of those things before the T4 stuff goes inside.

they are NOS octal cans. no way in heck to find em anywhere.. got em from a surplus store (bought the last of them)

wished I knew of a place... but have yet to find any...

Back