alps switch ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonycamp

Hi fellas, i just spent hours(fail) trying to make some round switch knobs for these alps switches. I searched online to buy some, and all alps seems to offer is square and 1 large round size thats too big, i don't have the ability to cut squares into my face plate, i just want to drill some simple round holes, does anyone have an idea to help me out here?

thanx
T

Attachments

• alps debacle.png
    alps debacle.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 41
just wanted to finish my posting off with what i'm going to use, thanks Ian and Jeff Steiger!

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv352=1816&FV=fff40011%2Cfff804a2%2Cfffc008d%2C940007%2C1880003%2C8400010&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

Brian Roth said:
I was following this thread with some interest, but that last Digikey link doesn't seem to work....

Bri

Hey brian, i reposted the link, i think i pasted it from my order window last time? let me know if it doesn't fly.

fyi, there are other switches that work also, these are just what i picked, use the same fitment parameters in the filter section, and you'll get more choices

good luck
T

Aha!  I had forgotten that E-Switch made switches which are "dead ringers" for the Alps.  Now that I think about it, maybe also C&K?

Anyway, good to know about that E-Switch alternative button cap.

Bri

Latest posts

Back