Amek M2500 transistors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original transistors in the Neotek & Allison mike pres were MPS4403; they are no longer available.
A good substitute would be 2N5087's. They were not specd. as low noise but when 2 or more are in parallel
they become very low noise. My recreation of the original Neotek Series 3 console mike pre are extremely quiet.

It's actually a very straightforward circuit but it's drawn in a rather confusing way.
[it's drawn in a rather confusing way] -- I did not find this schematic to be "drawn in a rather confusing way" necessarily, but I was wondering that if Pins 3 & 4 were swapped, so the ( + ) sign was at the top and the ( - ) sign was on the bottom, would doing so make any difference? The circuit seems to be nearly "identically parallel" all along its path, so I am only guessing that the output signal polarity might be reversed. Any comment?

/

not sure if even relevant anymore, but I've used both KSA992 and 2SA970 in this circuit with good results. 2SA970 is no longer available but I have a decent backstock. KSA992 had better noise performance iirc and is cheaper.

Guys just to let you know this thread is from 2016,
the op last reply to this thread was in Jun 10, 2016, and he doens't even login into this forum for more than 1 year.

I have no problems in threads getting revived when a new related subject appears, but it was just to let you know that the original poster is not looking for answers to this for a long time. He is not looking for these transistors for 7 years already

Guys just to let you know this thread is from 2016,
the op last reply to this thread was in Jun 10, 2016, and he doens't even login into this forum for more than 1 year.

I have no problems in threads getting revived when a new related subject appears, but it was just to let you know that the original poster is not looking for answers to this for a long time. He is not looking for these transistors for 7 years already
Yes, understood, but the response is relevant to the general readership today and search indices.

Latest posts

Back