AMS DMX 15-80 service manual or schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincoln999

I have an old DMX 15-80 which is a mono in model with 2 (working) harmonisers and 2x 560mS delay. It has a fully linear PSU. I think it's an early one because it has no backup battery and needs resetting each time it's switched on but I'm no expert. With a fair bit of care most of it now works but there's some distortion that follows the DAC cards when swapped. Each has it's own signature blip. DAC chips have been replaced (albeit to no effect). I'm not in a particular hurry to fix it but I'd love to be able to have a look at the logic on some of the cards and schematics would make this so much easier, for the DAC cards and the processor at least. I have the regular owner manual that has odd bits of tech stuff in it.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Lincoln

Attachments

• AMS DMX15-80s-3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
The DAC2 cards in my unit are DMX12.2 which features an ADC 562 chip and is not in any of the above documents although the featured DMX77.4 DAC3 cards (with PCM53 DAC chip) probably are of a roughly similar architecture.

If anyone has the DMX12.2 schematic/info that would be great.

Latest posts

Back