another Chinese PCB manufacturer...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
I'd like to share my experince with pcbway.com here.
I've ordered a couple of times, al went well.
But this time they were absolutely fast:
I've ordered on Sunday (July 3rd), regular order, no express. They shipped on Wednesday 6th, I've received the PCBs today (Friday 8th...).
That is a very fast service.

Holger said:
I've ordered on Sunday (July 3rd), regular order, no express. They shipped on Wednesday 6th, I've received the PCBs today (Friday 8th...).

Strange you should mention that. I ordered PCbs recently from Seeedstudio and Iteadstudio. I always choose regular mail and although production is fast, the mail usually adds a couple of weeks. Both my recent orders turned up much faster than I expected. The Seedstudio one turned up this morning and I ordered it on 22nd June. Not as fast as yours Holger but at least a week less than usual.

Cheers

Ian

and another one

http://www.pcbfabrication.com/

With the "economy" service I get my boards in  8 days. For not much more you can get them in 6 days. They are  cheap (depending) and in the many years I've used them I've never had a problem with the quality of the PCB's

Catches are: there's a setup fee for the first time ordering any design and a flat $30 shipping fee for each design. So you could order 500 of one type of PCB and shipping would be $30. If you order say only 3 PCB's but they are different designs, you pay $90 shipping.

So for 10 pcs. of a 4" X 4" PCB (green/white with standard solder mask)  it would be about $6/board. but add about a $65 one time setup fee and $30 shipping fee and its expensive.
BUT the next time you order the same board, say 50 of them, the price is only $3/board and no setup fee. That's cheap.

They have a pretty easy online ordering process. You can get an automated quote before you buy or even log in.

Holger said:

Glad to hear that. I was thinking of placing a small order to try them first.

The prices for pcbway makes it awfully tempting to try them. Good to hear people are having positive experiences.

Is there a meta for pcb fab houses? If not some sort of collective thread with ratings and experiences would be super useful.

PCB fab houses would probably be too narrow a scope for a meta - but it would make sense to have it as a part of a "Sourcing Parts" -meta.

Just start one, if you feel you have the time and energy, and I'll add to meta-meta

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back