another great music documentary, this time on the b3

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the b3 is one of my favorite instruments. I have done my fair share of repair on them and they are just a joy. The craftsmanship is beyond compare especially when you take into account that the organ your working on has been in service for around 50 years or more. But beyond that there is something about it when you hear it, It's hard to describe but, a feeling, something yummy something good that just moves you. The b3 in the hands of the right person can really speak volumes without having to play the most complex of things. 

That sound still puts shivers on my back.

It started with coming accross a Jimmy Smith album when I was a kid. Then on I wanted to play the organ but the closest I could get to one was a Hohner which was being sold by a local guy. My dad did not buy it. So I ended up borrowing a guitar and got stuck with it all these years. But B3 will always be there.

I love the B3.  That Tone wheel is just the best sounding organ.  So Rich sounding.  Takes me on a spiritual journey every time I hear a B3 pad in a song.  As you say Pucho, "In the right hands" its a remarkable instrument in just about any kind of music.

Latest posts

Back