Does anyone have gut shots of MCA SP1 wiring?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777funk

I had a wire come loose and the mic quit on me. I have a guess where it goes but would like to know for sure that it's going back where it belongs. Thanks in advance if anyone happens to have pictures of the boards.

Good idea! It's been so long, I can't remember what exactly has been done in mods, but it seems that I did something like the first picture as far as how the capsule is connected (second pic shows capsule connections).

Third picture, the top clear wire was the one that broke loose. I'm thinking it's the capsule polarizing voltage supply. I guessed soldered the clear wire to the capsule face wire terminal (connects to the red wire which runs to the capsule center). The mic still doesn't work. I'm guessing since it was dropped, maybe the capsule is dead.

Attachments

• 68161-d1c9cf882aa4362c10937cb20fa6e1cb.jpeg
    68161-d1c9cf882aa4362c10937cb20fa6e1cb.jpeg
    163.5 KB
  • DSC_0387.JPG
    DSC_0387.JPG
    1.8 MB
  • DSC_0401.JPG
    DSC_0401.JPG
    2 MB
I guessed soldered the clear wire to the capsule face wire terminal (connects to the red wire which runs to the capsule center)

If there's 40-60V coming through that wire, you may well have zapped the JFET.

In the sense that, assuming the clear wire is indeed the capsule bias voltage, that should have gone to the pin where the BLUE capsule wire goes.

You could still try to do that, but there's NO guarantee the JFET survived this last mod / test...

Third picture, the top clear wire was the one that broke loose.

Could you have taken that photo even more from the side, so the board is even less visible? 😬

Snarkiness aside, maybe snap a more "head-on" photo, so some of the copper tracks are visible too?

Last edited:
Back