Teenage Engineering

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonic

GDIY Supporter
Saw these guys put out a microphone, wondering what you all think: https://teenage.engineering/products/cm-15

Someone gifted me a pocket operator almost a decade ago, and surprises me the LCD has been on that whole time with just one AA, and it fires right up and makes noise. I also like that they have some cool takes on familiar forms.

Anyway, thought it was interesting.

At 1,200 bucks it better sound bloody awesome, and not just like typical Chinese-capsule mic (but then it does have built-in pre and A/D).

Interesting that they call it a supercardioid, when the pattern shown is much closer to hypercardioid.

Anyone reco-nose the capsule? One internaut claims it's a Peluso.

Probably it's most impressive feature is that it appears to have separate output for the mic itseslf, so you don't have to use the built-in pre and A/D.

https://teenage.engineering/guides/cm-15

Attachments

• CM-15.png
    CM-15.png
    49.3 KB
  • cap.png
    cap.png
    1.1 MB
Last edited:
The capsule has flat honing marks on it and as far as I know the only factory that uses a flat honing machine is the factory that does the plates for alctron and aym. I've seen that ring around too. It's ceramic. Not very common, but available. I think this might be a custom shentuo capsule. They did the first generation flat k47.

This company has a very impressive design style for its products, I really like the look of this microphone. The question is how do you rate the body and head basket from an acoustic point of view?

This company has a very impressive design style for its products, I really like the look of this microphone. The question is how do you rate the body and head basket from an acoustic point of view?
Yes, my first thought was that it's never done to have a flat mesh so extremely close to both side of the capsule.

Back