Another Project. Behringer ADA8000, Revision with Cirrus Logic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUDIO FREQ

GDIY Supporter
So I got this from a friend, and I need to figure out hte capacitors in these areas. If anyone can help me out.
Trying to get this thing up and running so I can extend my I/O :)

I will recap the whole thing, because who knows how old these capacitors are.

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 1
Unless they're somehow fake, I think those are Panasonics. Blue sleeve would make them either SU (older general-purpose 85C), or M (newer general-purpose 85C).

Is the ADAT in/out done with V1401/2 chips?

Unless they're somehow fake, I think those are Panasonics. Blue sleeve would make them either SU (older general-purpose 85C), or M (newer general-purpose 85C).

Is the ADAT in/out done with V1401/2 chips?

I was asking, what values are they supposed to be? I think you are right, they are Panasonic with the M logo on them.

The ADAT I/O is indeed the V1401/2 chips.

Last time I looked into one of these, I had noted that there were a ton of 10uF/25V and 22uF/16V caps in there. Judging by the size, you can probably get away with just buying a bag of 22uF/25V caps and replacing everything (with the exception of the phantom blocking caps, of course).

This jives with the schematic posted above.

Last time I looked into one of these, I had noted that there were a ton of 10uF/25V and 22uF/16V caps in there. Judging by the size, you can probably get away with just buying a bag of 22uF/25V caps and replacing everything (with the exception of the phantom blocking caps, of course).

This jives with the schematic posted above.
Are the phantom blocking caps the 47uf 50v's?

I tapped directly into the Wavefront chips balanced inputs ,
ditched the pre-amp board entirely ,
takes a load off the toroid transformer based psu in the original ada8000 , which had a tendency to fail ,especially with 110v primary connection .

I tapped directly into the Wavefront chips balanced inputs ,
ditched the pre-amp board entirely ,
takes a load off the toroid transformer based psu in the original ada8000 , which had a tendency to fail ,especially with 110v primary connection .
I was thinking about doing this. Just disconnecting the front board completely and using the DA section only. Or using as a summing box with transformers.

Apollo Adat OUT > ada8000 > 600:600 Tamura output transformers > Apollo IN

Back