Another score!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
I tend to watch craigslist and facebook marketplace for "stuff" mainly old tubes, transformer tape machines etc...

Several years ago I scored an old Urei Mode One for $50.00 thing had 6 of the UTC -0-19  transformers in it (two are in my LA3A)

So last week I saw a Roberts 770 reel to reel pop up for $20.00

I couldn't call quick enough, older gent said he bought it years ago to fix but it was to heavy for him and he was tired of it taking up garage space...

Got it home its basically the Akai M-7 in really good shape, all the tubes intact basically it just needs a couple of belts...the 2-pre-amp stages work just fine (of course I will recap where needed)...

A day later someone on craigslist offered up a box of reel to reel tapes for $20.00...Swan Lake and Roger Miller consumer music tapes...

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Meters, lights psu everything works just waiting for some belts...

Old guy was quite interesting lived in California for years told me a story of leaving and selling all his tube collection for $5.00 to some guy who drove away in a convertible filled up with tubes...this guy was former Air Force and worked in the radar installations and replaced tubes, kept all the old ones which were replaced on schedule not based on use...

I didn't get the best deal of his sales, but I got close.

Latest posts

Back