Any information on this capsule supplier?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmod

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this microphone supplier in China??

Fangzhou Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd
Tel:86-18367469468(Wechat ID)
Ningbo City,Zhejiang Province,P.R.China

I found out about them when I reached out to ISK and they redirected me to these folks.

Does anyone know anything about them?
Are their capsules decent?

They're a new company who only popped up in 2018. Superb capsules. I was really intrigued by their stock capsules so reached out to them to custom build some K47s for R&D for my microphone company. I ended up only using about 20 of them so I sent the remaining 30 out to people here, some for free when I could afford it and most at or near cost. I sent one to @kingkorg and it was the most consistent QC on a K47 he'd ever tested (including boutiques and first party Neumann capsules). They use the same overstock backplates as some other small capsule factories though. Incredible assembly QC (I cannot stress this enough.) held back by backplates that unfortunately are only medium good.

On my order of 50, the rejection count was 5, and it was all cosmetic. 90% of them were within 2pf of each other front to back and 100% within 4pf. Front to back matching was better than vintage Neumann and about equivalent to current Neumann. The only issue is that they sound different because the backplate specs are off. Not bad, just not drop-in replacements for other capsules. I would say 3U capsules are better overall because they have better backplate geometry, but FZ has better QC at 2/3rds the price at volume.

The only retailer I'm aware of that stocks them is Dachman. For singles, Dachman sells them for $99 as their "Series 2" line which considering import, stock and making a living is not a horrible scam. Most parts peddlers sell much cheaper capsules for much more. I also have 6 K47s left at time of writing if you want to test one out, but they're not their catalogue capsules, they're a bit different. I did like their catalogue capsules though.

Last edited:
They're a new company who only popped up in 2018. Superb capsules. I was really intrigued by their stock capsules so reached out to them to custom build some K47s for R&D for my microphone company. I ended up only using about 20 of them so I sent the remaining 30 out to people here, some for free when I could afford it and most at or near cost. I sent one to @kingkorg and it was the most consistent QC on a K47 he'd ever tested (including boutiques and first party Neumann capsules). They use the same overstock backplates as some other small capsule factories though. Incredible assembly QC (I cannot stress this enough.) held back by backplates that unfortunately are only medium good.

On my order of 50, the rejection count was 5, and it was all cosmetic. 90% of them were within 2pf of each other front to back and 100% within 4pf. Front to back matching was better than vintage Neumann and about equivalent to current Neumann. The only issue is that they sound different because the backplate specs are off. Not bad, just not drop-in replacements for other capsules. I would say 3U capsules are better overall because they have better backplate geometry, but FZ has better QC at 2/3rds the price at volume.

The only retailer I'm aware of that stocks them is Dachman. For singles, Dachman sells them for $99 as their "Series 2" line which considering import, stock and making a living is not a horrible scam. Most parts peddlers sell much cheaper capsules for much more. I also have 6 K47s left at time of writing if you want to test one out, but they're not their catalogue capsules, they're a bit different. I did like their catalogue capsules though.
Yup, the one Soliloqueen sent me was exceptional in every aspect.

I've wanted to try the series 2 CK12 capsule Dachman sells. The higher priced capsule looks worse, same for the K47s. The one that's supposed to be a "step up" from the series 2 K47 looks really close to the RK47.

Maybe you could post a pic for comparrison Khron ?
The original post does mention ISK , only reason I thought there was a connection

That eBay link might have been relevant if at least Fangzhou Electronics Technology was mentioned anywhere.

https://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_fro...e&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=isk&_osacat=0
Pretty sure neither of those are Fangzhou either.

"For [insert brand here]" only means that you can connect them to at the very least that brand microphone, and it will probably work. It does not imply it is the stock capsule, or even from the same OEM. 🤷‍♂️

And what sort of "pic for comparison" are you asking for?

Theres plenty of single sided capsules on Ebay , very few double sided ones ,
It looks to me like some of the vendors of mic parts have been able to place orders with the same makers and have double sided capsules produced .
Is there a way of separating the two halves of a capsule without the membrane slipping ?
Say you could buy two single sided capsule for around 25 each and re-assemble them as a single dual membrane , it still costs half the 100 or so of one of the Dachmann capsules built with the same components .

A couple years ago i frankenstein'd together a bunch of capsules out of sE 2200A mics (and one from an sE X1), ended up with three dual ones. I have yet to run any sort of tests on them (or even assemble them into mics), so i can't (yet) comment on the matching (or lack thereof) of each pair of sides.

You're at the mercy of the manufacturer's consistency (or inconsistency)...

Even the better offerings from long-times established names aren't always consistent. The AKG 3000 and 451 spring to mind. I happen to have some of these and there's a lot of difference between these mics. It's even audible. You can blame age, use, or even the different series that have been constructed over the years, but even pairs I bought new that probably stem from the same production run sound different.

I bought 7 "hanging mics" or choir mics made by AT a while ago. Seven are very close, the eight' one ins't. Yet these mics have spent their entire life in the same broadcast studio, hanging from the ceiling. No smoke ever came close. I was amazed how close these mics were, except for that single one.

I think it's all quality control. I don't know how Neumann, fi, handles QC. But I've read that when they selected the famous VF14 tube, they rejected over half of them. These are buried somewhere in a landfill, according to legend.

But I've read that when they selected the famous VF14 tube, they rejected over half of them. These are buried somewhere in a landfill, according to legend.
Funny story, do you have a related link to this? I like such stories even if they are not true. This would be a good script for a youtube documentary, similar to the search for ATARI VCS 2600 catridges on some garbage dumps. 👍🤓

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari:_Game_Over

BTW, these cartridges were found and dug out, at least according to one YT vid I came across.
Yes, I know. Some of the cartridges have been found, the Wikipedia article has the numbers and the rest of the story.

Back to the original topic.

Whoops, just answered my own question. Saw the Dachman is 6micron and mp is only 3micron. Guess I’ll start with the Dach and try the BN later and see how they all sound.

Latest posts

Back