Any one have a source for the switches on an AMS RMX16 ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to replace 2 of those switches in the past and I couldn't find cheaper than that, in the end I just ordered them from Ebay. The machine was valuable so the owner didn't mind the price.

When I was in Japan (Tokyo) I was amazed to see similar switches that were very inexpensive, from $1,25 to $3 but they seemed a little bit bigger than the ones used by AMS.
They were more rectangular shaped rather than squared like the AMS switches.

you can see those Japanese switches here:

japan.jpeg

Last edited:
I had to replace 2 of those switches in the past and I couldn't find cheaper than that, in the end I just ordered them from Ebay. The machine was valuable so the owner didn't mind the price.

When I was in Japan (Tokyo) I was amazed to see similar switches that were very inexpensive, from $1,25 to $3 but they seemed a little bit bigger than the ones used by AMS.
They were more rectangular shaped rather than squared like the AMS switches.

you see those Japanese switches here:

View attachment 101459
Thanks for the advice, I guess I will recommend the £15 ones to client. All but one of the switches need replacing in this case.

I saw someone post on Facebook about switches like these yesterday. Because it's Facebook there is no hope of me finding that post again, ever..

But, against all odds, I found it instantly!

"AliExpress PB-86 B1 available in about 6 colours"

Supplier was Alibaba, China

I imagine you'll replace all and not leave the one that does work...

Maybe those aliexpress ones work well,
here is the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32991258236.html
Hi there, I bought some of those allied express switches & have finally got back to my friends to fit them. They look a little bit different to the original switches (see attached pic), but they fit well, work fine, and are a fraction of the price. So big thanks for the link.

Attachments

• 20230422_200442.jpg
    20230422_200442.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230422_202001.jpg
    20230422_202001.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 2
I saw someone post on Facebook about switches like these yesterday. Because it's Facebook there is no hope of me finding that post again, ever..

But, against all odds, I found it instantly!

"AliExpress PB-86 B1 available in about 6 colours"

Supplier was Alibaba, China

I imagine you'll replace all and not leave the one that does work...

Hi Nick, thanks for the tip on these switches. see above post for some pics.

Back