Source of OEM Hakko tips in the US?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

industrialarts

I have been googling and haven't really found a reliable source to get real Hakko t12 tips. Hakko doesn't seem to ship to the US so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions where there are sold here. There seem to be plenty of bootleg Hakko tips available so I would like to be sure I am getting an OEM tip.

Thanks for any suggestions

Thanks for you replies

Personally, I don't trust Amazon to not sell bootlegs, unwittingly perhaps but still, I do as little business with Amazon as possible.

While I would order another non-OEM tip, I would like to try the Hakkos to see if I can tell the difference

So if anyone else is looking for T12 tips in the US they are actually the T15 tips. Different numbers for different markets but the exact same tip. Available at Grainger (right down the street from me) and others. Got the info from Hakko and following up found other posts to verify.

My Quicko T12 is a great budget iron, I recommend to anyone looking for a decent solder station at a reasonable price.

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone stumbles on this thread down the road. Tried the Hakko tip, no noticeable difference between them and the aftermarket for me. YMMV but either seems fine to me.

Latest posts

Back