Any virtual dongle software (for a legally owned dongle?)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stagefright13 said:
I used Logic for years. Then my son gave me a crack. (For PC no dongle) and it was faster. Worked better etc. But ended up throwing Logic away. Still have the Dongle tho LOL! First time I used Pro Tools back then I was like WTF this is so easy. Without even reading manuals etc. I was recording. Within minutes. Done deal for me.

I keep that Logic dongle as a trophy of stupidity for ever buying Logic all those years and updates.

That just means you were using the wrong tool. Logic especially back then was composition and arrangement oriented midi tool with audio slapped in as an afterthought. You on the other hand needed a multitrack audio editing suite, which protools was since day-1.

That doesn't mean logic sucked.

A buddy of mine was doing a clean out and gave me two digi 002 mixers , One wont power up ,the other seems to work  ,at least in standalone mode . I should be able to get one properly working unit by swapping out various boards from the two ,
but really at this stage I cant be arsed going trough the learning curve and becoming fixated with screens and the menu's of protools .  If I could get it to work with Reaper I might consider using it  . What Id really like is a simple dedicated os based HD recorder using pc hardware ,transport controls and track arm /monitor/playback switch per channel MTR style and maybe just utilising the screen for metering. Even legacy hardware should be more than capable of this without the bloat of windows. My Akai Dps24 is still king ,actually I have three of them ,two working and another with a main board fault.  I know a few studio owners ,all former studio owners at this stage that got sucked down into a spiral of negative equity over chasing the latest and greatest Mac hardware and high end interfaces only to end up left high and dry with a bunch of near worthless (s)crap .

oh look, somebody named "dongle.virtual" makes their very first comment on a 7 year old post with a link to russian software to purchase virtual dongle software.

Latest posts

Back