Anyone familiar with the BB OPA1632 - SMT tech?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomWaterman

Hi, been looking at this IC for my monitor control box and it appears great on paper.

Its surface mount but the larger package size should be OK to solder....it specs out amazingly, and apparently features similarities with Nelson Pass's SuSy topology.

Anyone familiar with it, I think it would make a nice line receiver, thoughts?

My application will be to possibly feed a PGA2310 chip in fully-differential operation.....still need to listen to lots of topologies first before I decide.

This looks interesting as an alternative to the usual INA134/7, DRV134 combos found in the DangerousMusic stuff etc.....although I'm unsure as to how CMRR will compare to the IA configuration amps...

Datasheet HERE

Thanks for any opinions on the matter...

Cheers Tom

havnt used it yet so nothing useful to say, but thats the same chip used for the o/p stage on the dac im planning:

opa1632-op_buf.jpg

Sounds cool DaArry!

What DAC chip are you using? 24bit/96k design?

I wonder how this 1632 sounds.....let us know when you get close to listening to it.

BTW have you found a source for them in the UK, I can't find them at Farnell, RS etc. Going to try and get a few samples from TI.

Cheers Tom

the dac is the PCM4104, 4 chan dac from TI. I made a 8 chan brd based on the application pdf schem but used the OPA's for balanced outputs as suggested in the 4104 datasheet. An optorec chip for receiving adat is also on brd. The analog outs are routed to a DB25 connectors following the standard digidesign pinout, all brds will be modular as I'm hoping to do the same with TI's new 4 chan adc if the dac is succesfull :thumb:

as for sources in the UK, I aint really looked yet - was just gonna go the sample route for the 1st test brd...

Cheers

Back