Anyone know where Dan (ddt) went?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.  Right, European Dan, who sold nice cases in the White Market.    I've also emailed him.  No reply. 

His White Market thread is now gone.  I imagine selling the cases was no longer worth the time. 

He was a very generous and positive member of this community.  I know he's missed.

I hope he is OK. 

CJ said:
you mean  this guy?

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?action=profile;u=15048

definitely not, that is Dan Deurloo at Collective Cases, i've bought rigs from both Dan's, the european Dan's case are just fine, but he's a bit hit and miss, and disappears for long time periods, the few exchanges i've had with him proves him to be a very nice guy! My experience with US Dan/Collective cases cc.fourfourmedia.com/ , he is a super cool cat, always sharp as a tack, product is A grade, and i almost always see a tracking number the same day I order! I can't recommend US Dan enough.

If anyone hears from european Dan, let me know. I paid for cases back in May and haven't heard anything from him since :(

Hi All,

Sorry for the disappearance / lack of info - I've managed to chop a bit of my left index finger off with an axe earlier this year, so that's kind of turned my life around for a while.

I've now emailed Ethan about starting in the White Market again, so hopefully I'll be able to continue as before.

Sorry again, and thanks for the kind words from those concerned.

Cheers,
Dan

ddt said:
I've managed to chop a bit of my left index finger off with an axe earlier this year, so that's kind of turned my life around for a while.

..." you should see the other guy!"

Sorry to hear of your injury. at least you can still hold a soldering iron?

Rochey said:
..." you should see the other guy!"

Sorry to hear of your injury. at least you can still hold a soldering iron?

Sorry, which other guy..?

The funny thing is that you can hardly see it now unless you look really closely, as it was just the tip of the finger and the nail now grew over it again, but it was still an amputation with all that it entails. The tip's still overly sensitive to pressure, but I think that'll improve over time; I need to start using the finger more, which takes conscious effort. So a soldering iron's fine, but it'll take a while before I'm able to play an instrument again.

Sorry if this is a bit TMI..

I took off the tip of my finger 20+ years ago ...

If you look at it you'd never know.  It sounds like you may be in the same boat as me ... all will be well.

The only lingering problem ... I can no longer do all the EVH finger tapping with that finger ... but then again I never really could to begin with.  Yes, the tip is still sensitive after all these years ... but only in one VERY TINY small spot right on the tip ...  in reality I never think about it.

Safe healing,
Michael

Hey Dan, glad to hear you are better now.

Rochey said:
It's a common joke in the UK if you hurt yourself. You pretend it was a fight, and that you hurt the other guy more than he hurt you. :)

A couple of months ago I got a large mole removed from my left cheek and although the stitches are gone I still have about an inch scar. When people ask I tell them I got in a bar fight.  I seem to get more respect than when I was on shirt and tie. 8)

Back